Maintaining homes and keeping them looking good.
Maintaining homes is one of our most important activities. Keeping on top of things means that, in the long term, we reduce costs, keep rents fair and affordable, and ensure that your homes and the surrounding areas are in great condition.
Maintenance covers a wide range of areas in addition to repairs to your homes including:-
- Painterwork – keeping things like closes and the front of buildings looking smart
- Gutter cleaning – ensuring gutters don’t become clogged causing water to get into homes
- Close cleaning – keeping closes tidy, free of litter and graffiti
- Landscaping – ensuring areas of land such as spare ground and concrete areas (referred to as ”hard standing areas”) are tidy, weeding and grass cutting
All of this work is put out to tender when we need to get it done. This ensures that we always obtain the best value for money when maintaining Maryhill and Ruchill.
The main contracts we have are:
- Gas servicing - every home must have a gas service check every year. We will contact you to let you know when your servicing will take place
- Housing repairs - emergency or routine repairs are carried out by our contractors on every home. For more information on repairs go to How to Report a Repair
- Common area cleaning - the contract covers both common area cleaning and bulk waste pull-out from back courts. Waste goes to designated pick-up points for Glasgow City Council to uplift
- Paintwork - a 5 year cyclical contract to paint common close areas and the front doors of tenanted properties
- Electrical inspection - periodic inspection contract to identify and record the integrity of electrical systems in our properties
- Landscape maintenance - the contract covers grass cutting, litter and leaf collection, tree and shrub pruning, weed control and moss-clearance
- Close lighting - contracted to Glasgow City Council to carry out lighting repairs and replacements
- Gutter cleaning - annual and bi-annual cleaning of rainwater gutters to our tenement properties along with minor repair works as identified
- Lift & door entry maintenance - servicing and repairs to common door entry system and lifts
- Mechanical & electrical compliance - covers work element water purity testing, dry riser and tank chlorination
- Maintenance of CCTV - servicing and maintenance for our CCTV system at our high rise properties
- Low-Level lighting - maintenance and repairs for lighting at our high rise properties
- Smoke & alarm servicing - ensuring compliance and safety with the systems in our retirement housing complexes
- Inspection of roof anchors - testing and calibration of roof anchors to ensure safe use for roof repairs
- Close cleaning – carrying out weekly close cleaning including deeper cleans on a regular basis