Maintaining our homes and keeping them looking good.
Maintaining your homes is one of our most important activities. Keeping on top of things means that, in the long term, we reduce costs, keep rents fair and affordable, and ensure that your home and the areas surrounding your home are in great condition.
Maintenance covers a wide range of things apart from repairs to your home including areas that you may not have realised:
- Painterwork – keeping things like closes and the front of buildings looking smart
- Gutter cleaning – ensuring gutters don’t become clogged causing water to get into homes
- Close cleaning – if you live in a flat or tenement you want your close to be tidy, and free of litter and graffiti
- Landscaping – ensuring areas of land such as spare ground and concrete areas referred often to ”hard standing areas”, weeding and grass cutting look tidy
All of this work is put out to tender when we need to get it done. This ensures that we always obtain the best value for money on maintaining Maryhill and Ruchill.
The main contracts we have are:
- Gas servicing - Every home must have a gas service check every year and we will contact you to let you know when your servicing will take place
- Housing repairs - Emergency or routine repairs are carried out by our contractors on every home. For more information on repairs go to How to Report a Repair
- Common area cleaning-The contract covers both common area cleaning and bulk waste pull out from the back courts, Waste then goes to designated pick-up points for Glasgow City Council uplift.
- Painter-work- A 5 year cyclical contract to paint common close areas and front doors of tenanted properties
- Electrical inspection-Periodic Inspection contract to identify and record the integrity of our electrical systems in our properties
- Landscape Maintenance-The contract covers, grass cutting, litter and leaf collection tree and shrub pruning, weed control and moss clearance of the association.
- Close Lighting- Contracted to Glasgow City Council to carry out lighting repairs and replacements.
- Gutter Cleaning-Annual and bi-annual cleaning of rainwater goods to our tenement properties along with minor repair works as identified.
- Lift & Door Entry Maintenance-Servicing and repairs to common door entry system and lifts.
- Mechanical and Electrical Compliance- Covers work element water purity testing, dry riser ant tank chlorination.
- Maintenance of CCTV-Servicing and maintenance for our CCTV system at our high rise properties.
- Low Level Lighting-Maintenance and repairs for lighting at our high rise properties.
- Smoke and Alarm Servicing-Ensuring compliance and safety with the systems in our retirement complexes.
- Inspection of Roof Anchors- Testing and calibration of the association’s roof anchors to allow safe use for roof repairs.
- Close cleaning – Carrying out weekly close cleaning including deeper cleans on a regular basis.